I do hope you have all had a good week......
I don't have any progress on the Hardanger, I did spend a few hours on it at Guild but had to undo it all as that part was all completely wrong..... I hope to spend a bit of time this weekend playing catch up!
Lots of quilting and binding was done though.... to be honest a loose overall design on a smallish piece does not take long and the binding is all being done by machine so that is quick too...
I added to the sides of the next two to increase the width
This is the selection of backings I used. some are left over from larger quilts and the green was a length of fabric I had in the box....
Tuesleydale got 5 blocks done..... I have only 2 more to do and then need to put the blocks together....
The friend I am sewing with is doing a lot more blocks to make a bigger quilt but I have braid foundation paper and a jelly roll to play with.....
Daughter has been back in hospital to get stents between kidneys and bladder and the rest of the week has been uncomfortable for her. One step forward, two steps back it feels like.
New down lights put throughout the house - it needed doing and in my sewing room I got them set to the brightest.... just lovely having good light in there. Next we need to get new smoke alarms to meet regulations.
Righto, Gotto Go..... the weekend is here... xx


12 comments:
Such cute finishes. Hope your daughter is on the mend soon.
Sending good wishes to your daughter, Fiona. Yes, a sewing room needs good lighting! Those panels are cute, I like the first one....it's a bit different.
Great collection of cot quilts Fiona and looking forward to seeing all your Tuesleydales together as you have a great selction of fabrics. Hope Debs soon gets over this latest treatment. xx
Although the progress on the hardanger got *deleted*, you did good progress on other projects. I like the first finished little quilt. The more I look at it the more bugs I find. In the second quilt, is that tree growing lollipops? I need a tree like that in my backyard too, lol. Love the dot backings, of course. Looking forward to seeing Wensleydale together. Sorry to hear your daughter is still in pain. Sending prayers her way. Stay strong. ;^)
Yes those critters do look goofy on that quilt Fiona but I adore them. Also love all your backing fabrics - just perfect. Enjoy the new lights ... when our electrician changed my bulb in my tall sewing light my whole world lit up!!!! xx
Also forgot to add ... I have been thinking of you daughter lately & wondering how she was progressing. It does sound like one step forward, one back but hopefully the stents bring her some relief. xx
Lovely quilted panels. They all feature trees. Best wishes for your daughter.
You’ve sewn some stunningly beautiful children’s quilts using those panels.
I wish you lots of joy and good progress with your blocks.
All the best to your dear daughter—sending my very best wishes.
Hug
Viola
Great work on all the panels. Love the backings, too.
It is good to be able to zip through some of these smaller quilts.
There is nothing better than having good lighting in your sewing room. It was one of the most important things i insisted on when we built my sewing room.
Sending good wishes to your daughter. I hope everything settles down again for her.
your panel quilts look fantastic. I love how you have added to the sides of those two. beautifully done. Your wendsleydale blokes are gorgeous. I love the fabrics you are using.
Hope Deb's continues her recovery. sounds like she has had to have a lot of patience.
The quilts are wonderful... they are all so cheerful. I really like them, and they will bring a lot of joy to the recipients, too.
Have fun working on the last two blocks.
Wishing you a lovely week.
Warm regards, Viola.
I have just been catching up on reading your blog posts since May! How tardy of me. I do hope your daughter continues to recover. She has certainly been through the wringer with her treatments. I had to have a chuckle at all the panels that you have quilted. I have so many here, but have just done the one. I can’t wait to see your Tuesleydale Quilt top come together. It hasn’t taken you long to get the blocks done. Also, I see you have the Shooting Star papers waiting in the wings. I have put my papers away for a little while. I just can’t make up my mind what fabrics to use. Too many choices.
Post a Comment